The 2019 Baton Rouge Blues Festival (April 13–14, 2019) is accepting new applicants for food vendors. Applications are being accepted through February 28, 2019. Vendors will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis and at the discretion of the BRBF Committee. Participation fees for those who are accepted are $850 for food trucks (Limit 6), $950 for 10’x10’ booth space (Limit 8) and $500 for specialty snack vendors for both days of the festival. Vendor participation fees are due no later than March 15, 2019. All proceeds go to the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation, the nonprofit organization that produces the Blues Festival.
Why should you participate?
During the past five years, the festival has become one of the nation's fastest growing blues festivals of its kind, consistently growing in attendance to more than 40,000 people ranging from ages 18 to 65.
The average Baton Rouge Blues Festival attendee...
55% male & 45% female
Median income $50,000 to $74,999
4-6 hours a day at the festival
88% purchased food, merchandise or both
Spent $80 per attendee on food, drinks and merchandise
"We are in many festivals throughout the year and the Baton Rouge Blues Festival can be a 'model' for how these types of events should be run! Your food vendor personnel were very friendly and willing to help out with anything, and continually checked with us throughout the day in case we needed any assistance. That is going above and beyond being helpful with the way that they were monitoring our needs!"—2014 vendor
Vendors will be contacted as they are selected to participate. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
BATON ROUGE BLUES FESTIVAL FOOD VENDOR RULES AND STANDARDS
1. An accepted application is a commitment to show and constitutes the agreement between the parties, vendor, and Baton Rouge Blues Festival (BRBF). No refunds will be made for cancellation or inclement weather. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Vendor is restricted to setting up in the space designated by BRBF. Space assignments are made by BRBF Committee Members. Any vendor caught setting up in any other area will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
3. Vendor is not allowed to park behind their booth or in the surrounding streets that are closed off for patron traffic. Any vendor parked in these areas will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
4. Single booth space is a maximum of 10' x 10'. All exhibitors must have WHITE TENTS. Anyone that sets up with a tent of any other color will be asked to leave and will forfeit all fees.
5. Vendors must provide their own WHITE TENT, weights to anchor tents, cooking and storing equipment, 8’ tables, and chairs. They are responsible for the assembly and disassembly of all items. Prepare for the possibility of inclement weather conditions such as rain or wind.
6. Vendors are required to serve food and beverages according to the BRBF schedule, unless prior arrangements have been made, in advance, with BRBF, and must staff their booths and food trucks during Festival hours.
7. Vendors bear the responsibility for all setup and security needs for their booths. BRBF will not be responsible for any loss or damage and the vendor will indemnify and hold BRBF harmless for any loss or damage to any of the vendor’s property or any damage or loss sustained by a third party due to installation or set-up by vendor.
8. Basic power is supplied within 75' of each booth. Exhibitors are required to supply their own means of attaching to the supply point. Please inspect cords and connections prior to Festival to avoid any power problems.
9. The sale of tobacco items, smoking accessories, drug paraphernalia, sexually explicit items, CDs, T-shirts (including tie-dye), DVDs, cell phone accessories, lighters, and sunglasses are strictly prohibited. Any exhibitor caught selling these items will be asked to leave the premises, forfeit all fees, and will not be allowed to participate in upcoming events.
10. All vendors certify that they will cooperate with all standards and procedures, insurance requirements, and all state and city laws and ordinances pertaining to food service and tax reporting
11. Vendors may not utilize music, loud speakers, or megaphone devices.
12. All requests or special needs must be made in writing and received with the completed application. All efforts will be made to honor such requests; however, BRBF cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.
13. All exhibitors are responsible for reporting their own applicable taxes including income and state and local sales tax.
14. All vendors further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation and the BRBF from any and all claims, demands, loss or liability of every nature, for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with this Application or Agreement, the Blues Festival, or their service or any performance of their obligations under this Agreement or Application, to the extent such claims, demands, loss or liability arise out of the negligence or failure of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, vendors, subcontractors, assigns, licensees, and/or invitees. In the event of any claims, demands, loss or liability arising under this section and their duty to defend, the exhibitor’s responsibility shall include the payment of all reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of defense and/or litigation, mediation, arbitration, or any other similar claims process initiated under this Section.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR FOOD VENDORS ONLY:
Each vendor must submit a full application and will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis and at the discretion of the BRBF Committee.
Vendors will serve portions with the recommended price not to exceed $10. No vendor shall be allowed to serve the same menu items as other vendors and the BRBF Committee must approve all menu items.
Vendors using grease are required to have some form of covering underneath cookware to prevent stains on public property.
Food vendors are not permitted to sell or provide beverages.
Vendors must dispose of waste in appropriate, predetermined areas.
Water will be provided.
Booth vendors must provide their own power cords and the power source will be within 75’ of booth space.
Food trucks will be responsible for their own power (run on their own generators).
Vendors will be mentioned periodically on stage throughout the festival.
Setup time and location shall be coordinated with the Site Coordinator.
Each application must be accompanied by the following as needed:
Specialty Snack Vendor $500.00
Food Truck $850.00
10' x 10' Booth Space $950.00
Rental Tent (if needed) $150.00
If you are selected as a vendor, and you elect to participate, booth fees are payable and due no later than March 15, 2019. They are non-refundable.
By submitting the application, the food vendor agrees to the following:
1. To read, understand, and follow the BRBF Food Vendor Rules and Standards.
2. To comply with all federal, state, and parish laws.
3. Lack of courtesy, good will, and good taste toward an attendee or staff could result in termination of this agreement, loss of your deposit, and eviction from the festival area.
4. This application, if accepted, will serve as a contract and any legal fees incurred by anyone because of this contract will be paid for by the losing party.
5. Each food vendor agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation and the BRBF from any and all claims, demands, loss or liability of every nature, for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with this Application or Agreement, the Blues Festival, or their service or any performance of their obligations under this Agreement or Application, to the extent such claims, demands, loss or liability arise out of the negligence or failure of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, vendors, subcontractors, assigns, licensees, and/or invitees. In the event of any claims, demands, loss or liability arising under this section and their duty to defend, the exhibitor’s responsibility shall include the payment of all reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of defense and/or litigation, mediation, arbitration, or any other similar claims process initiated under this Section.
6. Each food vendor shall obtain commercial, general, or comprehensive liability insurance including product liability insurance applicable during vendor’s operations at Baton Rouge Blues Festival, insuring those operations with limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and name Baton Rouge Blues Festival as an additional insured.
7. Each food vendor shall furnish Baton Rouge Blues Festival with evidence of such insurance no later than 14 days prior to the festival. If proof of liability insurance is not provided by this date, the agreement will be null and void and the vendor’s booth space and deposit fees will be forfeited. Baton Rouge Blues Festival shall have no obligation whatsoever to insure, provide, or obtain insurance for the food vendor. Vendor will not be permitted to enter the Festival grounds to set up or occupy booth space without having the required insurance in place.
8. Each food vendor is responsible for paying the sales tax on their food sales.
9. This contract specifies my understanding and acceptance of all requirements and my commitment to provide the agreed upon items for sale at Baton Rouge Blues Festival during the hours of the festival (regardless of weather or other circumstances).
10. Each food vendor understands that Baton Rouge Blues Festival will provide all booth signage and that I cannot put up any personal signage of any sort. I agree that no substitutions to the menu may be added and no changes in price may be made without prior written approval, and that any attempt on my part to make substitutions or price changes may result in the immediate termination of my participation and that I will forfeit all fees.
11. Each food vendor agrees to meet the requirements set forth by the health department and my booth will be operated in compliance with such regulations. I will conduct my operations in a safe manner at all times. I agree to maintain my booth in a clean manner and will keep the area neat and pleasant for the customers.
12. This application encompasses the entire agreement of the Applicant and Baton Rouge Blues Festival, and shall not be modified unless mutually agreed upon in writing. This agreement constitutes a legally binding contract, and all terms, conditions, and provisions set forth shall have full force and effect upon Baton Rouge Blues Festival acceptance. The individual signing hereto declares that he/she has full authority on behalf of the name Applicant to bind the Applicant to all terms, conditions, and provisions of this agreement.