The 2018 Baton Rouge Blues Festival (April 14–15, 2018) is accepting new applicants for general vendors. Participating vendors will be announced via the Baton Rouge Blues Festival website, batonrougebluesfestival.org. Applications will be accepted through February 28, 2018. Vendor participation fees of $600 for booth space along North Blvd. and $675 for corner booths, and are due no later than March 15, 2018. All proceeds go to the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation, the nonprofit organization that produces the festival.
Why should you participate?
During the past five years, the festival has become one of the nation's fastest growing blues festivals of its kind, consistently growing in attendance to more than 40,000 people ranging from ages 18 to 65.
The average Baton Rouge Blues Festival attendee...
- 55% male & 45% female
- Median income $50,000 to $74,999
- 4-6 hours a day at the festival
- 88% purchased food, merchandise or both
- Spent $80 per attendee on food, drinks and merchandise
Vendors will be contacted as they are selected to participate. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
BATON ROUGE BLUES FESTIVAL GENERAL VENDOR RULES AND STANDARDS
1. An accepted application is a commitment to show and constitutes the agreement between the parties, vendor, and Baton Rouge Blues Festival (BRBF). No refunds will be made for cancellation or inclement weather. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Vendor is restricted to setting up in the booth space designated by BRBF. Space assignments are made by BRBF Arts Committee Members. Any vendor caught setting up in any other area will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
3. Vendor is not allowed to park behind their booth or in the surrounding streets that are closed off for patron traffic. Any vendor parked in these areas will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
4. Single booth space is a maximum of 10' x 10'. All vendors must have WHITE TENTS. Anyone that sets up with a tent of any other color will be asked to leave and will forfeit all fees.
5. Vendors must provide their own display booths, WHITE TENT, weights to anchor tents, racks, tables, and chairs. They are responsible for the assembly and disassembly of all items. Prepare for the possibility of inclement weather conditions such as rain or wind.
6. Vendors are required to exhibit according to the BRBF schedule, unless prior arrangements have been made, in advance, with BRBF, and must staff their booths during Festival hours.
7. Vendors bear the responsibility for all setup and security needs for their booths. BRBF will not be responsible for any loss or damage and the vendor will indemnify and hold BRBF harmless for any loss or damage to any of the vendor’s property or any damage or loss sustained by a third party due to installation or set-up by vendor.
8. Basic power is supplied within 75' of each booth. Vendors are required to supply their own means of attaching to the supply point. Please inspect cords and connections prior to Festival to avoid any power problems.
9. The sale of tobacco items, smoking accessories, drug paraphernalia, sexually explicit items, cell phone accessories, and lighters are strictly prohibited. Any vendor caught selling these items will be asked to leave the premises, forfeit all fees, and will not be allowed to participate in upcoming events.
10. All merchandise for sale must be in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
11. Vendors may not utilize music, loud speakers, or megaphone devices.
12. All requests or special needs must be made in writing and received with the completed application. All efforts will be made to honor such requests, however, BRBF cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.
13. All vendors are responsible for reporting their own applicable taxes including income and state and local sales tax.
14. All vendors further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation and the BRBF from any and all claims, demands, loss or liability of every nature, for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with this Application or Agreement, the Blues Festival, or their service or any performance of their obligations under this Agreement or Application, to the extent such claims, demands, loss or liability arise out of the negligence or failure of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, vendors, subcontractors, assigns, licensees, and/or invitees. In the event of any claims, demands, loss or liability arising under this section and their duty to defend, the exhibitor’s responsibility shall include the payment of all reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of defense and/or litigation, mediation, arbitration, or any other similar claims process initiated under this Section.
Each application must be accompanied by the following as needed:
- 10' x 10' Booth Space $600/675
- Rental Tent (if needed) $150
- Electricity (up to 700 watts) Free
If you are selected as a vendor, and you elect to participate, booth fees are payable and due no later than March 15th, 2018. They are non-refundable.