The 2018 Baton Rouge Blues Festival (April 14–15, 2018) is accepting new applicants for our arts vendors in the categories of painting, photography, ceramics, sculpture, glass, metal, wood, leather, mixed media, and other media. Applications will be accepted through February 28, 2018. Vendor participation fees of $350 are due no later than March 15, 2018. All proceeds go to the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation, the nonprofit organization that produces the festival.
Why should you participate?
During the past five years, the festival has become one of the nation's fastest growing blues festivals of its kind, consistently growing in attendance to more than 40,000 people ranging from ages 18 to 65.
The average Baton Rouge Blues Festival attendee...
- 55% male & 45% female
- Median income $50,000 to $74,999
- 4-6 hours a day at the festival
- 88% purchased food, merchandise or both
- Spent $80 per attendee on food, drinks and merchandise
Vendors will be contacted as they are selected to participate.
BATON ROUGE BLUES FESTIVAL ART VENDOR RULES AND STANDARDS
1. An accepted application is a commitment to show and constitutes the agreement between the parties, vendor, and Baton Rouge Blues Festival (BRBF). No refunds will be made for cancellation or inclement weather. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Exhibitor is restricted to setting up in the booth space designated by BRBF. Space assignments are made by BRBF Arts Committee Members. Any exhibitor caught setting up in any other area will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
3. Exhibitor is not allowed to park behind their booth or in the surrounding streets that are closed off for patron traffic. Any exhibitor parked in these areas will be asked to leave the premises, will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will forfeit all fees.
4. Single booth space is a maximum of 10' x 10'. All exhibitors must have WHITE TENTS. Anyone that sets up with a tent of any other color will be asked to leave and will forfeit all fees.
5. Exhibitors must provide their own display booths, WHITE TENT, weights to anchor tents, racks, tables, and chairs. They are responsible for the assembly and disassembly of all items. Prepare for the possibility of inclement weather conditions such as rain or wind.
6. Exhibitors are required to exhibit according to the BRBF schedule, unless prior arrangements have been made, in advance, with BRBF, and must staff their booths during Festival hours.
7. Exhibitors bear the responsibility for all setup and security needs for their booths. BRBF will not be responsible for any loss or damage and the vendor will indemnify and hold BRBF harmless for any loss or damage to any of the vendor’s property or any damage or loss sustained by a third party due to installation or set-up by vendor.
8. Basic power is supplied within 75' of each booth. Exhibitors are required to supply their own means of attaching to the supply point. Please inspect cords and connections prior to Festival to avoid any power problems.
9. The sale of tobacco items, smoking accessories, drug paraphernalia, sexually explicit items, CDs, T-shirts (including tie-dye), DVDs, cell phone accessories, lighters, and sunglasses are strictly prohibited. Any exhibitor caught selling these items will be asked to leave the premises, forfeit all fees, and will not be allowed to participate in upcoming events.
10. All merchandise for sale must be in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
11. Exhibitors may not utilize music, loud speakers, or megaphone devices.
12. All requests or special needs must be made in writing and received with the completed application. All efforts will be made to honor such requests, however, BRBF cannot guarantee that all requests will be granted.
13. All exhibitors are responsible for reporting their own applicable taxes including income and state and local sales tax.
14. All exhibitors agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Baton Rouge Blues Foundation and the BRBF from any and all claims, demands, loss or liability of every nature, for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with this Application or Agreement, the Blues Festival, or their service or any performance of their obligations under this Agreement or Application, to the extent such claims, demands, loss or liability arise out of the negligence or failure of the exhibitor, its officers, agents, employees, representatives, vendors, subcontractors, assigns, licensees, and/or invitees. In the event of any claims, demands, loss or liability arising under this section and their duty to defend, the exhibitor’s responsibility shall include the payment of all reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of defense and/or litigation, mediation, arbitration, or any other similar claims process initiated under this Section.
15. ADDITIONAL RULES FOR ARTS VENDORS ONLY:
- Each artist must submit a full application and both must pass jurying to participate.
- 75% of the work displayed in each booth must be for sale at BRBF.
- Absolutely NO commercial kits, assembled items, or pre-manufactured merchandise may be sold.
- All jewelry must be handcrafted original pieces of work. At least 85% of all jewelry (beads and pendants) must be personally hand-crafted by applicant.
Each application must be accompanied by the following as needed:
- 10' x 10' Booth Space $350
- Rental Tent (if needed) $150
- Electricity (up to 700 watts) Free
If you are selected as a vendor, and you elect to participate, booth fees are payable and due no later than March 15th, 2017. They are non-refundable.